Van London Company (“VLC”) was founded in 1961 by Gregory (“Greg”) S. Van London as a distributor focused mainly on the end-users of liquid analytical equipment. Greg possessed a special dedication to providing products and services which met, and in many cases, exceeded customers’ expectations. VLC housed a full machine shop, QC Department and Assembly Department that afforded VLC the ability to customize and improve upon the products purchased from other manufacturers.
Not being satisfied with the delays and in-flexibility of then-available manufacturing companies, Greg opened pHoenix Electrode Company in 1975 as a complete manufacturing facility for electrodes. It boasted a full machine shop, a glass blowing department and the entire production line that allowed for complete manufacturing of special, custom and direct replacement electrodes.
The two sister-companies complimented each other perfectly. Each maintained the constant commitment to provide a quality product in a time-efficient manner that exactly met the individual needs of the customer. VLC remained focused on the end-users with a specialty in harsh industrial environments and provided the knowledge and experience to pHoenix Electrode Company which launched into the international laboratory and OEM markets.
With the world becoming more of a “Global Economy” it was only logical when in 2007, VLC announced the merger of the two sister companies creating Van London – pHoenix Company (“VL-PC”). Today, VL-PC is under the direct leadership of Kurt L. Van London, son of Gregory Van London. We serve the following world-wide industries; Industrial, Laboratory, Biotech, Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Municipalities, Waste Water Treatment and a host of others. Our product lines include pH, Dissolved Oxygen (“DO”), Conductivity, Ion Selective (“ISE”), Karl Fisher, Chlorine, and Oxidation Reduction Potential (“ORP”). We offer Direct Replacements for most major brands.
Every facet of VL-PC and its manufacturing is located in Houston, Texas, USA. We are a 100% family owned business and employ approximately 120 employees. We are also a registered Small Business allowing us to contribute to larger corporation’s needs for diversity procurement fulfillment.
Since the merger, VL-PC has implemented many improvements and modifications.
- We have consolidated, expanded and improved our manufacturing space. We now have over 35,000 square feet of space that occupies two adjacent buildings resulting in a stream-lined manufacturing flow.
- To ensure redundancy and advancement, we have invested in and acquired an additional new CNC lathe for the machine shop and five additional induction heaters for blowing the glass membranes.
- We have developed and implemented a bar-coded inventory system ensuring more accurate and shorter lead times.
- We have expanded our Research & Development department to guarantee that VL-PC remains a leader in the industry.
- We have improved the infrastructure of the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure the highest in customer service and satisfaction.
Since our inception, Van London – pHoenix Company’s goal has remained the same: to consistently produce a high quality product that exceeds each client’s unique needs in a timely fashion at a reasonable cost. It is our desire to not be a “vendor” but a “partner” to work closely with you to promote success. Welcome to VL-PC and thank you for sharing participation in our history!
Van London Co. Moves into New Facility
Van London Co. New Building Picture Gallery